We welcome new Members!
To qualify for induction as an associate/student member you must:
- Be a junior, senior, or an alumnus/alumna
- Have a respectable GPA
- Have demonstrated ability in research through
- having completed independent research, and
- analyzed and presented (or started to analyize and write up) the results as a paper or poster.
The chapter needs from nominating faculty:
- The filled out nomination form from the student and the nomination letter
- A check for the student's combined dues and initiation fee (as calculated for the next year's status as a student or transitional (first 5-years post-studies). The check should be made out to the North Shore Chapter of Sigma XI.
Note: The date to submit the paperwork is posted on the home page. The national office needs substation lead time to prepare the Certificates of Induction. All forms must be submitted to the chapter Secretary by no later than the posted date.
Check the date for the Induction ceremony on the home page
For professional membership fill out the nomination/promotion form
Programs from previous induction ceremonies with names and affiliations of inductees